Skip to main content

Blogs from My Web Site - Boudoir Dolls - Always in Vogue

Another thing I like to do is find photos of people that either look like or are dressed like boudoir dolls. Actually, it's the other way around, isn't it? The dolls are mimicking the real people of that era. That is why I am adamant about keeping these old dolls as original as possible. But, that subject will be addressed in a future posting.

Here is a doll I own that has composition head and hands, and the rest of her is cloth. She is wearing her original outfit, very much the Flapper, and a style not commonly seen on other dolls. I mostly find the dolls wearing full-skirted gowns or party dresses. A fellow collector told me she believes this doll was made by WKS/Keeneye. I haven't checked to see if she's marked underneath her clothing. I don't want to risk tearing her outfit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Todd

A Collection of Thelma Todd Film Clips

JxB French Boudoir Doll Head with Box for Sale on my web site - timetravelerstn.com

I have two JxB Boudoir Doll Heads for sale on my web site - Click the photo, above, to access that site.


Risque Postcards with boudoir dolls for sale on eBay