Skip to main content

You Look Familiar

What I have done for years is match photos to dolls. When I found this old photo of an unknown model (she signed her photo - it looks like Lahore?), I had to have it. If anyone knows who this Vamp is, I'd appreciate knowing.

She reminded me of these two dolls. Even the criss-cross rhinestone trim matches the doll in Jenny's photo. The doll was made by The Blossom Doll Company. She came undressed, but Jenny added a robe made of vintage fabric and the head trim.

The wax-headed doll came to me undressed and missing her right arm. The only original part of her outfit surviving are one of her shoes, her earrings, and a broken necklace. I added an old boudoir doll outfit made of velvet, marabou, with satiny pants. I also added all of those 1920's faux pearl necklaces on her. She still has only one arm, but she's a super cool doll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Marvelous Age We Live In!

Boudoir Doll Sighting - The Film "Speedy" - Harold Lloyd - 1928

Harold Lloyd, Ann Christy in "Speedy" 1928 - boudoir doll given away as prize at Coney Island.








Unfortunately, this YouTube film clip has the wrong music and repeats scenes and has scenes out of context so it doesn't represent the movie correctly. The Coney Island part of this movie, the way it originally was, was great! You might want to rent the DVD - Netflix has it. Anyway, boudoir doll starts at 3:54.........

Thelma Todd

A Collection of Thelma Todd Film Clips