Skip to main content

Cubebs - All Composition Smokers

Not sure how these dolls ended up being called "Cubebs" by collectors because I have yet to have found these dolls being used as advertisement for Cubeb cigarettes, but supposedly, these dolls were used to promote that brand of cigarettes to Flappers. If anyone has an ad, I'd appreciate an email.

However, I have seen these dolls referred to as "La Parisienne" "Charleston Girl" "Silk Pajama Girl" and "Boudoir Doll" in advertisements.

As you can see by these photos, these dolls had different head molds. They also had different arm and feet molds. I'm sure there were other differences, depending on the maker.

I just listed a Cubeb for sale in my shop. Click the photo, below, to view:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Todd

A Collection of Thelma Todd Film Clips

JxB French Boudoir Doll Head with Box for Sale on my web site - timetravelerstn.com

I have two JxB Boudoir Doll Heads for sale on my web site - Click the photo, above, to access that site.


Thaïs by Demetre Chiparus

Thaïs by Demetre Chiparus