Skip to main content

Nazimova

This French smoker boudoir doll is believed to be Nazimova. She appears in the Stephanie Farago book, "The Magic & Romance of Art Dolls." She is all cloth except for her hands. The book states her hands are celluloid, but they look to be composition. In the book, too, she is missing her cigarette [must have been a non-smoking building ;)]. So, I replaced her lost cigarette.

This doll can also be seen in an article I wrote in 2009 for Doll Collector Magazine.



Scene from "Camille" - 1921 - Nazimova and Rudolph Valentino!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Todd

A Collection of Thelma Todd Film Clips

JxB French Boudoir Doll Head with Box for Sale on my web site - timetravelerstn.com

I have two JxB Boudoir Doll Heads for sale on my web site - Click the photo, above, to access that site.


Risque Postcards with boudoir dolls for sale on eBay