Skip to main content

The "Banana Man"

This is an old German photo of a German musical smoker boudoir doll. Notice the peacock feather.....It looks like it's attached to his skull cap. I wonder if the dolls I've seen like him originally had a large feather on his cap!

This particular doll is referred to by collectors as "Banana Man." The name comes from the Stephanie Farago book, "The Magic & Romance of Art Dolls." In that book, there's a doll like this one, sitting on bananas. His music box plays, "Yes, We Have No Bananas."







"Yes, We Have No Bananas" Vocal by Arthur Hall -1921

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Todd

A Collection of Thelma Todd Film Clips

JxB French Boudoir Doll Head with Box for Sale on my web site - timetravelerstn.com

I have two JxB Boudoir Doll Heads for sale on my web site - Click the photo, above, to access that site.


Risque Postcards with boudoir dolls for sale on eBay