Skip to main content

Since the Beginning

These three dolls have been in my collection since I started collecting. I love her purple velvet jacket and matching cloche hat. She is what collectors call a "Big Face" because her head is larger than the usual composition-head dolls (larger than the doll, below). She is also longer, measuring 34". The doll, below, is a smoker. Her head is smaller in size, and she measures 28". Collectors refer to these dolls as "Anita" or "Anita-type," named after a doll company "Anita Doll Company" that made dolls like these.
The other doll, below, is made of felt, Italian, by the maker, Lenci. She is referred to as a Fadette. She was the very first Lenci I bought. Fadettes are my very favorite boudoir dolls.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Todd

A Collection of Thelma Todd Film Clips

JxB French Boudoir Doll Head with Box for Sale on my web site - timetravelerstn.com

I have two JxB Boudoir Doll Heads for sale on my web site - Click the photo, above, to access that site.


Risque Postcards with boudoir dolls for sale on eBay