Skip to main content

French Suede-Faced Flapper "Jane"

This fabulous French doll has a chamois (suede) face with embroidered and painted face and silk floss hair. She wears the cutest hiking/snow boots. When I saw her photo, I thought they could have been leather, but they're pottery, painted to look like leather! The bottom of one sole is handwritten, "Jane." Her outfit feels like flannel, but I do not know what the fabric is, and she wears stockings and "socks." Her hat is knitted. She is SO CUTE!




I made a collage of Dorothy Jordan and Bessie Love. These photos reminded me so much of my doll! You can find these photos on eBay. Click the names of the actresses to access the auctions.

Comments

  1. A friend sent me the link to this. She's simply lovely, with such charm and sweetness. I make leather headed dolls, but I really didn't know boudoir dolls came made this way. I'll have to do some more research! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I don't know if you are still blogging but I have just purchased a doll who must have been made by the person who made your doll Jane. I am so excited to have found another and would love to share photos with you. With regards, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm no longer blogging, but, I'm on Pinterest now. I'd love to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What a Marvelous Age We Live In!

Little Girl with Boudoir Doll

Cute photo of girl with boudoir doll

Boudoir Doll Sighting - The Film "Speedy" - Harold Lloyd - 1928

Harold Lloyd, Ann Christy in "Speedy" 1928 - boudoir doll given away as prize at Coney Island.








Unfortunately, this YouTube film clip has the wrong music and repeats scenes and has scenes out of context so it doesn't represent the movie correctly. The Coney Island part of this movie, the way it originally was, was great! You might want to rent the DVD - Netflix has it. Anyway, boudoir doll starts at 3:54.........