Skip to main content

Topic #1 - Curating/Downsizing a Collection, Part II

 I found the perfect house 10 year ago. It has a "hobby room" that is perfect for the dolls. I was able to keep the dolls in one room, with door closed so the cat can't get in. But, that only gave me the excuse I could buy more dolls! And, as you can see in the photos, it didn't help too much displaying them. I guess I just don't have any talent in displaying my dolls. 

What's cool about the room is it has a built-in display case. That did help a lot, but, again, when you have 150 dolls, it's pretty much DOLLS. Most of the dolls in the photos have sold. 

Just realize, it's going to take time. Be patient, and choose just a few to sell at a time. It'll eventually happen. And, you'll be able to enjoy the remainder of your collection a whole lot more. It took me many years to figure that out.

Now, that I've been able to reduce the collection, the room looks a lot different! There are still dolls, but they're mostly in the display cabinet and not all over the floor!

As you can see, I have boxes and packing material stashed in an alcove to use to ship the dolls to their new owners. By the way, those dolls are for sale!!!

Comments

  1. Hi, I'm really glad you're blogging again :-). Your blog was always on my link list, so I could look at your articles. 25 dolls as a goal sounds great, the dolls will get the attention they deserve if there are not so many. I had a huge doll collection myself, but also have sold a lot, and it was a relief to be honest :-). Too much is too much. The last photo is lovely, the dolls on the cabinet are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate that, and I hope I can come up with some different subjects to blog. You nailed it when you said that the dolls get more attention when there's a smaller number of them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What a Marvelous Age We Live In!

Boudoir Doll Sighting - The Film "Speedy" - Harold Lloyd - 1928

Harold Lloyd, Ann Christy in "Speedy" 1928 - boudoir doll given away as prize at Coney Island.








Unfortunately, this YouTube film clip has the wrong music and repeats scenes and has scenes out of context so it doesn't represent the movie correctly. The Coney Island part of this movie, the way it originally was, was great! You might want to rent the DVD - Netflix has it. Anyway, boudoir doll starts at 3:54.........

Little Girl with Boudoir Doll

Cute photo of girl with boudoir doll